As a new puppy owner, establishing a healthy routine for your furry friend is essential to ensure a happy and healthy life. Mornings are a crucial part of your puppy’s daily routine, and starting the day off right can set the tone for the rest of the day. In this blog post, we’ll cover the top five things you need to do every morning with your new puppy to promote a healthy, happy, and well-trained pup. From potty breaks to playtime, we’ll provide you with all the necessary information to start your mornings off on the right paw with your beloved furry companion.
5 Things You NEED To Do Every Morning With Your New Puppy!
Bringing home a new puppy can be an exciting and overwhelming experience. As a new puppy owner, you want to ensure that your furry friend gets the best care possible. Morning routines play a vital role in shaping a puppy’s behavior. By consistently following specific actions, you can establish a healthy morning routine that will help your new puppy develop good habits.
Tip #1: Plan for Potty Breaks
Puppies are not very good at holding their bladder, especially when they are young. Therefore, it is essential to plan for frequent potty breaks throughout the day, including first thing in the morning. Dogs usually need to go to the bathroom soon after they wake up, so you should take your new puppy outside as soon as you wake up.
Tip #2: Provide Nutritious Breakfast
Feeding your puppy a nutritious and balanced breakfast every morning will give them the energy they need throughout the day. Make sure to provide your puppy with the right type and amount of food for their age, breed, and size.
Tip #3: Utilize Training Time
Training your puppy is an essential part of their development and morning is a great time to do it. Short training sessions can keep your puppy mentally stimulated and enhance their overall learning abilities. Start with simple commands like “sit” or “stay” and slowly progress to more complex ones.
Tip #4: Spend Quality Time
Spending quality time with your new puppy is crucial, especially in the morning. Playtime, cuddling, and socializing with your pup can create a strong bond and help reduce anxiety or stress. You can incorporate different play styles such as fetch or tug-of-war to keep your pup engaged.
Tip #5: Exercise
Like humans, dogs also need exercise to maintain good health. Incorporating morning exercises into your puppy’s routine can help them stay active and prevent overweight issues. Keep in mind that high-energy breeds may need more exercises than less active ones. You can take your pup for a short walk or run, play outside, or go to a park.
McCann Dogs is a premium dog training facility that offers customized programs for puppies and dogs. They understand the importance of creating healthy daily routines and offer support through their online resources.
Their training plans for puppies and dogs help new owners to establish good habits while avoiding common pitfalls in puppy training. Moreover, McCann Dogs provides a life skills program for dogs over five months old.
Subscribing to McCann Dogs’ channel and following their podcast can provide you with valuable resources to help you understand your puppy’s needs better. Additionally, the online store of McCann Dogs offers signature training equipment, which you can utilize during your morning exercises with your puppy.
It is also crucial to note that puppy care never stops, and HeartDog Supporter can assist new pet owners to answer any questions or concerns they may have.
Creating a morning routine with your new puppy may seem overwhelming, but it does not have to be. By following these five essential tips, you can establish a healthy routine that will benefit both you and your furry companion. By utilizing the resources provided by McCann Dogs and consistent effort, you can make your morning routine with your new puppy an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
- How often should I take my puppy outside for a potty break?
- Puppies need frequent potty breaks, especially in their early stages. Aim for every few hours, and ensure the puppy goes outside first thing in the morning.
- Can I teach my puppy new commands at any age?
- Yes, you can always teach your puppy new commands. However, it is easier to teach them commands when they are young.
- What type of food should I feed my puppy?
- Consult with a veterinarian or McCann Dogs specialist to provide your puppy with the right type and amount of food for their specific needs.
- What type of play is suitable for my puppy?
- It depends on the breed, age, and size of your puppy. Consult with a McCann Dogs specialist to determine what works best for your furry friend.
- How can McCann Dogs help me with my new puppy?
- McCann Dogs offer customizable training plans, life skills programs, valuable online resources, and signature training equipment to help new puppy owners establish good habits and address any puppy-related concerns.